Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Red Cabbage indicator

All solutions have a pH. Acid solutions, have lower pH.

Alkaline solutions, have higher pH.

Substances that aren't acidic or alkaline (that is, neutral solutions)

usually have a pH of 7.

Acids have a pH that is less than 7.

Alkalis have a pH that is greater than 7


Equipment:

  1. Red Cabbage

  2. Knife

  3. Bunsen Burner

  4. Beaker

  5. Water

Method:

  1. Cut the cabbage into small pieces.

  2. Place the cabbage in the beaker and fill it with 50 ml of water.

  3. Once the cabbage has boiled for 2 minutes turn it off and leave it to cool down.

  4. Once it has cooled remove the cabbage leaves and use the red water as

  5. an indicator.

Complete the quiz below:

The ph scale ranges from what numbers?

Name 4 substabces that are acidic?

Name 4 substances that are basic?

Name another pH indicator used in a science lab?

By using red cabbage as an indicator we can determine what the pH level is of

substances



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!