Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Why are masks used in theater ?

 Hi 😁 

In drama this week we had to research why masks were used in theater 5 reasons 5 masks . Here are my 5 reasons and 5 masks enjoy

  •  To allow the actor to use controlled body movement, even as simple as a turn of the head, to express emotion.
  • Masks have been used almost universally to represent characters in theatrical performances.
  • To act as different people such as people with different genders . 
  • To act as animals like foxes and bears . 
  • Actors wore masks so that the audience may see the facial expression clearly, allow them to tell the characters apart and make the theme of the story (comedy or tragedy) clearly obvious to the spectators.23 Drama Masks ideas | drama masks, theatre masks, comedy and tragedy

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!