Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Gummy Bears Osmosis

 Hi 😁

Aim :

To find out what happens to gummy bears when we put them in different liquids


Predictions :

I think that the gummy bears will grow in the liquids 

Method  : 

Equipment 

  • Three solutions - water sugar and salt
  • 4 gummy bears of the same colour 
  • 2 Petri dishes
  • Marker pen 
  • Electronic balance 
  • Measuring cylinder
  • Beaker 
  1. Get your equipment
  2. Label Petri Dishes DRY ,WATER ,SALT WATER ,SUGAR WATER 
  3. Weigh the gummy bears and record their weight on the Petri dish 
  4. Add 40mls of solution to the Petri dishes

Solvent

dry

Wet

Weight changed

Dry

2.45

2.32

Down

Sugar water

2.36

2.91

Up 

Salt water

2.35

2.74

Up 



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!