Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Milk Plastic

Hi 😁 

Aim : Make milk into plastic 

Link to video : Link 

Materials : 




Method : 

  1. Pour 1 one cup of milk into a pot or microwaveable container 
  2. Heat the milk in the microwave or on the stove until steaming 
  3. Add 4 teaspoons of vinegar into a mug 
  4. add the hot milk into the mug with the vinegar 
  5. stir the mixture with a spoon 
  6. stack 4 layers of paper towels on a safe surface to get damp 
  7. scoop out the curds with a spoon and place them on the paper towels 
  8. Fold the paper towels over the curds and press down to absorb the excess liquid
  9. knead all the curds together into a ball of dough
  10. colour , shape and mold the dough as you like 
  11. you can colour the dough with food colouring 
  12. you can add glitter to make your dough sparkle 
  13. you can use cookie cutters to shape your dough 
  14. or you can sculpt it with your hands 
'
How did the consistency of the milk change during the plastic making process 

The milk curdled and lumped up then separated then just sat there  


    














No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!