Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Nadia Comaneci πŸ†

Hi πŸ‘‹πŸ˜€


Today for a reaserch project I decided to do it on a person who did amazing things , I chose Nadia Comaneci , A gymnast . Here is Her story .


Nadia Comaneci

" You must figure out your own destination and the best route to get there no one else knows the way. " - Nadia Comaneci 

File:Nadia Comăneci 1976b.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
When Nadia was only 6 years old the only thing she wanted to was cartwheels and and in the time she lived in cartwheels were quite a big deal in Romania (where she was from) but she did not know that . Then one day she was playing around in her schoolyard when a famous gymnast trainer Bela Karolyi spotted her , and thought that if he trained her good she would be amazing . But training was hard , when any of the kid he was training made a mistake he would hit and beat them . They all trained 6 houra a day , 7 days a week . He really wanted his gymnasts to be beautiful and perfect . And Nadia was perfect ... quite literally . When she was 14 she scored a perfect 10 in the Olympic Games . No gymnast had ever got a perfect score before . But she got so famous that the roman leade was getting worried that she would overshadow him so he did not let her leave the country only for competing . So Nadia decided to escape . In the morning she walked for 6 whole hours though mud and more . she moved to the U.S had a family and started a business . She loved gymnastics and worked lots to promote it just the way she liked to ... as a free woman


I have learnt all of this reading Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls 2 which is writen by Francesca Cavallo & Elena Favilli . It is a good book that has alot of good women in it that have done amazing things I hope one day I can be in one of these books . I chose this Woman becasue I love gymnasics and hope one day I can be a professional gymnast. I can do cartwheels , one handed cartwheels , handstands , one handed handstands , and round offs . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!